Welcome to the 3 Fires Martial Arts Academy Website
Begins this Thursday, 5PM - 5:45. 13 Years and older. Sparring equipment (head, hands, feet & shin gear) is mandatory.
Eastern Weapons Training
Begins Monday Oct. 2 from 8PM to 9. 13 Years and older. $20 per month for 3 Fires Members, $40 for non-members.
Achery Classes (8 week blocks)
Begins Tuesday Sept 12. 5PM to 5:45 for beginners, 6PM to 6:45 for advanced archers. Open shoots for registered archers on Wednesdays and Sundays with a fun tournament once a month on Wednesdays. Non-registered shooters can come to open shoots for $40 per month (not inclusive of the 3 Fires Membership) Recurve bows or long bows, only, under 40 pounds.
Saturday October 28 - 11AM - 1:00PM. Games, haunted house and treats!
About 3 Fires
3 Fires Martial Arts Academy training focuses on Traditional Martial Arts - Shotokan Karate, Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Ng Ying Kuen (5 formed fist or 5 animal kung fu) Eastern Weapon Arts and Instinctive Archery. While the classes are non-competitive, we still have fun. The aspects of training in Traditional Martial Arts include psychological , physiological, philosophical and memory components.
Anyone who is curious about this training is welcome to try the classes without costs or obligation (waiver form required for insurance purposes). Just wear light clothing - no shorts or tank tops. Be prepared to have some fun.
Did you know?
- 3 Fires has only raised their training fees once in the past 13 years
- 3 Fires volunteers at Blue Sky Bingo to supplement the youth and senior programs.
Click on the links for more information.
Who Are We?
3 Fires Martial Arts Academy is a volunteer-run registered non-profit corporation . Our mission is to provide safe affordable physical training for North Bay and district. Our services include Karate, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Weapon Arts programs as well as Instructor Training and Junior Leadership Programs.
Our out-reach programs provide physical education support to the school boards. As part of the physical education, we offer an Anti-bullying course based on the internationally recognized program Martial Artists Against Bullying.
- All of our members are also our volunteers starting with the students who are responsible for sanitizing the mats each day - in traditional martial arts process (Soji) that shows respect to the training area.
- In order to support our youth and senior programs some of our volunteers work at bingo 40 hours a month to bring in much needed funds so that our youth and senior members can have affordable high quality training.
- Of course we maintain a clean and organized environment thanks again to our volunteers. Our volunteers also help local schools by running exercise and self-defence programs.
- This same service is extended to reserves such as Bear Island and Nbisiing.
Miigwetch to our volunteers - the unsung heros!