- Created: Tuesday, 02 July 2019 21:44
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 15 September 2020 16:54
- Published: Tuesday, 02 July 2019 21:44
Welcome to 3 Fires Martial Arts Academy
We are open for in-person classes. These classes will be limited in size (18) so call to reserve your spot.
These classes are available on-line through Zoom - call 705-495-3656 for details.
Schedule (Inside and on-line)
|Karate Kyu Belts (adults and youth)||6:00 - 7:15PM|
|Kung Fu Colored Sashes (adults and youth)||6:00 - 7:15PM|
|Tai Chi||6:00 - 7:00PM|
|Kung Fu Colored Sashes (adults and youth)||6:00 -7:15PM|
|Karate Kyu Belts (adults and youth)||10:00 - 11:15AM|
|Karate Black Belts (Main St)||12:00 - 2:00PM|
|Kung Fu Black Sashes||9:00 - 11:00AM|
|Tai Chi||11:00 - 12:00PM|
3 Fires Martial Arts Academy is a volunteer-run registered non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide safe affordable physical training for North Bay and district. Our services include Karate, Kung Fu and Tai Chi programs as well as Instructor Training and Junior Leadership Programs.
Our out-reach programs provide physical education support to the school boards. As part of the physical education, we offer an Anti-bullying course based on the internationally recognized program Martial Artists Against Bullying.
Our instructors are in the process of getting trained and certified on COVID practices. This will ensure that all of our students will have proper care by our COVID-trained instructors. NOTE: 3 Fires has always performed santiary practices by sanitizing equipment after use. We have also santized our floors each day.
In the new evironment, we will be sanitizing the floors after each class with COVID certified cleaning solution. Fortunately we have two floors so we can safely run numerous classes by alternating the location of each class. This will allow for the time taken to sanitize and will allow the sanitizer to dry before the next class. The following is the procedure for each class (when we open inside):
- Only a limited number (18) of students will be allowed in for training
- Masks must be worn to enter - no exceptions.
- Receptacles will be on the training floor for students to place their masks and personal items (water, keys, calls etc.)
- Students will need to be dressed in their uniforms before entering as there will be no access to changerooms until further notice.
- Each student will have their temperature taken before entering
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the academy and all staff and students must ensure they use these facilities before and after class
- Only two washrooms - one downstairs and one upstairs
- Spots on the floor will designate where the students will practice giving adequate 2 metre spacing
- At this level there will be no student physical interaction (no sparring or bag work).
- No academy equipment can be used - each student must bring in their own weapons when required
- To prevent aerosol (vapor spray) we will not have heavy cardio warmups - we will use dynamic stretching routines to warm up the body and heart.
- All instructors will have their COVID Certificates completed before taking on instruction.
- Floors are sanitized each day.
- The focus of each class will be forms/kata, technique, language and history.
The following are links to our virtual training sections. These sections include requirements for the next rank, lessons and videos of kata and forms. Access to these tools is restricted to registered students.
Click on one of the images to access the information on the training in each style
|Enter the Karate Dojo||Enter the Kung Fu School||Enter the Tai Chi School|