Welcome to the 3 Fires Martial Arts Academy Website
Did you know?
- 3 Fires has only raised their training fees once in the past 13 years
- Nobody is paid to run or teach the classes at 3 Fires. We are all volunteers.
- 3 Fires volunteers at Blue Sky Bingo to supplement the youth and senior programs.
Beginning January 31, 2023 and running 8 week beginner archery classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 5:00 to 6:00PM. These classes will introduce the students 12 and up, to archery. These classes include shooting practice (11 steps to consistent shooting) as well as some theory (range rules, choosing equipment and analysis of errant arrows). Some games are included to increase focus. Equipment is available to be rented for the duration of the course.
Open shoots are available on Sundays, from 9 to 11AM starting Jan 29th, 2023. Monthly equipment rental is $20........... yearly 3 Fires membership is $20.
Indoor Archery Range Rental Bows
Who Are We?
3 Fires Martial Arts Academy is a volunteer-run registered non-profit corporation . Our mission is to provide safe affordable physical training for North Bay and district. Our services include Karate, Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Weapon Arts programs as well as Instructor Training and Junior Leadership Programs.
Our out-reach programs provide physical education support to the school boards. As part of the physical education, we offer an Anti-bullying course based on the internationally recognized program Martial Artists Against Bullying.
- All of our members are also our volunteers starting with the students who are responsible for sanitizing the mats each day - in traditional martial arts process (Soji) that shows respect to the training area.
- In order to support our youth and senior programs some of our volunteers work at bingo 40 hours a month to bring in much needed funds so that our youth and senior members can have affordable high quality training.
- Of course we maintain a clean and organized environment thanks again to our volunteers. Our volunteers also help local schools by running exercise and self-defence programs.
- This same service is extended to reserves such as Bear Island and Nbisiing.
Miigwetch to our volunteers - the unsung heros!